jueves, 7 de febrero de 2019

LESLIE MOURIGAN: "I think everybody should get out there. At least once".

We talked with Leslie, our native teacher this year. She has been giving class to almost every group of the ESO and now we're going to ask her some questions about her experience in Pozoblanco.

Where are you from?
I was born in Uruguay, South America but when I was little my family and I moved to USA so I have lived all my life in Utah.

What have you studied?
I have studied marketing in the University of Utah.

What do you have to do to be a conversation assistant for your language in another country?
What you really have to do is know the other language and that’s really much it.

Do you like the experience?
I do, it has been fun. I even brought my little dog with me and that helps. It has been a really good experience, I love everybody here.

Do you want to do it more times?
Maybe but I’m old I’m almost 31, so I don’t know I would love to but I don’t think I will.

Why did you choose Spain?
In school I had a Spanish teacher from Spain who told me about the program and then I went online, I researched, I applied… And now I’m here.

Is education different here than where you are?
Yes, it’s very different. There once you start (which here we know as the ESO) all your grades counts for university, you have to be really good in what you do if you want to get into a good university.

Do you miss your family?
Yes, I miss my mom the most, but it’s ok I think she’s going to visit me soon.

What courses do you give them?
So many, on almost every course of the ESO.

Have you learned anything from them?
I have, I’m going to classes like geography, maths, history and chemistry and sometimes I’m like oh my god I don´t remember anything but I liked it, I learned lots.

What do you like most about being here?
What I like the most is just experiencing another culture and getting to know the students and the teachers and being a part of the school. Also like traveling around Spain and seeing new cities and stuff.

Is there something you want to say to people who read your interview?
To get out there, to travel, meet other people and to experience how they live cause I think you grow by doing that, it gives you another view of the world. I think everybody should get out there. At least once. 



Ángela Montesinos López y Andrés Carpio Cortés (2º BA)


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario