lunes, 19 de abril de 2021

MY LIFE DURING LOCKDOWN

 As everyone knows, lockdown has changed a lot of aspects in our life. However, there were people who were fighting against the virus whereas another group of irresponsible people spoilt all the efforts society was doing.


Fortunately, my experience was a calm one, as none of my family members work as a nurse or a doctor and we haven’t come down with the COVID-19.


Personally, I only worried about those people who were risking their lives in order to protect ours. I’d always try to be careful, because I am a person that cares about others when my actions can affect them, so I didn’t do anything irresponsible like (unfortunately) other people had done, this is because I’d never forgive myself if someone of my family suffered due to my decisions.


When the quarantine started, I thought that it would would last for 15 days (as the press said at first). Therefore, I didn’t feel bad for not going out at first, but the more days passed, the more I missed my friends and other family members. Sincerely, I didn’t do much at first: I watched films or series and sometimes I bake some cakes. Of course, when the clock struck 8 o’clock, my family and I went to clap with our neighbours and cheer the people that were protecting all the society.


However, when the Third Term of highschool started, I was busier than ever, as teachers sent us work and task to do, and we had some virtual classes. Of course, class time wasn’t the only occasion I saw my friends, we talked every day via WhatsApp or Skype. We even started using Google meet (as we did in class) in order to make calls. Sadly, seeing my friends on my phone wasn’t as great as seeing them in real life.


Eventually, the school year was going to end and and so did the lockdown. I remember that the first days I could go out I went to exercise and the first plan I had with friends was going to the cake shop. Of course, the virtual classes carried on, but it wasn’t the same, as I could hang out in the evenings. I also have to admit that academically, the school year was easier thanks to the situation, but I’d never choose that form of learning over the traditional one.


To sump up, lockdown has been an experience that has served to raise awareness of the danger of our acts (although there are still some people that doesn’t care about it at all), and if I had to do another lockdown in order to save other people’s life and not to endanger mine, I would do it, even though it means that I can’t have some freedom for a while. It is sure that, thanks to quarantine, I’ve learned to enjoy the simple things and happy and joyful short times with my beloved ones.

 

María Soto Jurado 2ºBA

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario